Valley Christian Schools strives to offer quality education to students of all economic backgrounds. Tuition assistance is available to students accepted for admission with demonstrated financial need. It is the desire of school administration, subject to the availability of funds, to give all qualified students, regardless of financial resources, the opportunity to attend Valley Christian Schools. To be considered for financial assistance, a student must be in good standing both academically (minimum 2.0 GPA) and in citizenship.
When applying for financial assistance, it is important to take into consideration the complete cost of attending Valley Christian Schools. Historically, financial awards cover from 5-50% of the total tuition cost and are applicable only towards tuition. In addition to tuition, there are other fees and charges that occur during the school year which should be considered. The following is a non-inclusive list of K-12 costs that may be incurred:
- Enrollment fee
- Application fee (new students)
- Athletic fees
- Certain electives (theatre, art)
- Field trips
- Busing (optional)
- Grades 6-12 must purchase an iPad and iPad apps
Please note that the financial assistance process is completely separate from the admissions and enrollment process. The amount of financial assistance is granted on the basis of demonstrated financial need. Although Valley Christian Schools is committed to assisting families, it can only award financial assistance to the extent resources are available. Consequently, not all students who might otherwise qualify receive financial assistance. Those seeking financial assistance must submit applications for financial assistance on an annual basis prior to the application deadline. The process requires going to VCS’s third-party evaluation partner (FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment) to complete an application and supply all requested information https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3F6D3.
Please note: You must complete the online application for financial assistance and send your most recent tax return to complete the application process.
Each year, families who wish to apply for financial assistance must complete the following:
- FACTS Grant & Aid online application: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3F6D3 This application should be carefully reviewed for accuracy and completeness. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submission of your most recent Federal Income Tax return to FACTS, as per instruction on the FACTS forms.
- Describe any specific circumstances that would not normally be noted in your family’s income tax information.
- An explanation is required if your reported expenses exceed gross income.
- In order to receive financial assistance, a face-to-face interview may be requested by the committee.
Failure to complete the above checklist by the below deadline will result in your application being placed on a "further information required" list. You will be informed of any missing items.
Important Dates for 2017-2018:
- Financial Assistance Website Opens: Monday, November 21, 2016
- Financial Assistance Application Deadline:Wednesday, February 8, 2017
Please note, there is one deadline for financial aid. Late applications will not be processed.
Priority for assistance is highest in grades 9-12, grades 6-8 next, and then elementary school. These are guidelines only.
Each student who receives financial assistance is expected to contribute exemplary behavior. Additionally, students must maintain good academic standing at the end of each semester. Grants are subject to review on academic or behavioral grounds at the end of each semester. If you have any questions, please contact Josie Ko at email@example.com.
VCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin in administering financial assistance.
If you have any questions about the Admissions or Enrollment process, please contact your Campus Enrollment Counselor.
|Alana James||(408) 513-2512|
Junior High School
|Michele Patterson||(408) 513-2471|
|Michelle Furr||(408) 559-4400|