Education Grounded in the Judeo-Christian Values
While our school is known for high quality programs and one-of-a-kind opportunities, we also place an extremely high value on introducing and fostering personal relationships with Jesus Christ. We recognize that this relationship is one that not only transforms our world but also makes a difference for eternity.
Valley Christian Schools’ mission is to provide a nurturing environment offering quality education supported by a strong foundation of Christian values in partnership with parents, equipping students to become leaders to serve God, to serve their families, and to positively impact their communities and the world.
A world where every student pursues their personal Quest for ExcellenceTM.
Valley Christian Schools supports the homes and churches of students in providing an education that is grounded in the Judeo-Christian values of the Bible, as reflected in the life and teaching of Jesus Christ. Valley Christian Schools is committed to a Quest for Excellence in all of its educational programs, and provides a comprehensive kindergarten through twelfth-grade curriculum with a rigorous college preparatory program. Firmly founded on Christian values, Valley Christian Schools challenges youth to aspire toward lives of character, service, and influence while pursuing their individual Quests for Excellence.
PHILOSOPHY OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
At Valley Christian Schools, our students are encouraged to work together to thoughtfully tackle complex ideas, seeking truth, and apply wisdom to their daily lives. Teachers meet learners at their individual level of understanding, providing instruction at a pace at which all students can succeed to their highest potential. VCS instructs students under the delegated authority of their parents in harmony with their various local congregations.
FIVE CORE EDUCATIONAL VALUES
- Parents are the primary educators of their children under God.
- All students are uniquely gifted with God-given talents.
- Teachers, as loving Christian role models, develop relationships to guide students.
- School leaders innovate programs for students to develop their God-given talents.
- Teachers inspire and challenge students to develop extraordinary achievement through comprehensive and accelerated programs.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:15; 2 Peter 1:21).
- We believe that there is one God, Creator of the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1), eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- We believe in the deity of Christ (Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1-14, John 10:33, John 14:9); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15; Hebrews 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4; Peter 1:3-4; Revelation 1:18) His Ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19); and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- We believe that “God said, ‘Let Us make man in Our image according to Our likeness... So God created man in His own image... male and female He created them.” Every human life is designed by God before conception, “being yet unformed” (Genesis 1:26-27, Psalm 139:16).
- We believe that life begins at conception as every person is “made in secret,” with sacred infinite value, being “fearfully and wonderfully made” by our Creator. Because of the sacred value of each human life, our loving God demands, “... do not kill the innocent and righteous” (Genesis 1:26-27; Exodus 20:13; Exodus 23:7; Psalm 139:13-16).
- We believe that it is not the divinely intended prerogative of people who are created by God to redefine His creation of humankind as being other than male and female. Regarding God’s creation of male and female, Jesus said, “Therefore, what God has joined together, let not man separate.” Redefinition of genders is contrary to God’s will as expressed in the Bible, given that men and women are both intended by God to reflect His image and nature. Marriage involving both genders is also a biblical type of Christ as the groom and the Church as His pure bride (Matthew 19:4-6; Matthew 25:1- 13; Revelation 22:17).
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that people are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ; and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone are we saved; and that “there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved” other than the name of Jesus Christ (John 3:16-19; John 5:24; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; Romans 5:8-9; Romans 10:9-10; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5; 1 John 1:9; Revelation 3:20).
- We believe that every person should “love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength... and your neighbor as yourself.” Accordingly, Christians are to afford every person love, compassion, kindness, respect, and dignity regardless of differences involving beliefs, cultures, or status (Matthew 22:34-40; Mark 12:28-31; Luke 10:27; John 3:17; Galatians 5:22-23; Philippians 2:3; James 2:1-13).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and that the spiritual unity of all believers exists as one in our Father God and our Lord Jesus Christ (John 17:20-23; Romans 8:9; Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12:12-13; Galatians 3:26-28; Ephesians 2:8-9; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:18).
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life; and they that are lost unto the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:12-15).
Valley Christian Schools maintains dual accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and the Association of Christian Schools International.
As a nurturing Christian School, VCS seeks to admit students of parents who will support the school’s Mission and educational philosophy. VCS instructs students under the delegated authority of their parents in harmony with their various local congregations.
The school has received numerous national awards including multiple National Blue Ribbon Awards, and the Intel Star Innovator Award, and the Intel School of Distinction Award for mathematics.
Expected School-wide Learning Results (ESLRs)
To provide a good method of assessing how VCS is doing in achieving its mission statement, the Expected Schoolwide Learning Results (ESLRs) were implemented. VCS students will:
- Discover and develop their unique, God-given talents to, as Jesus taught, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind” and “your neighbor as yourself” (Matthew 22:37-39 NKJV) through their personal Quests for Excellence.
- Develop extraordinary success involving Academic Achievement, Artistic Beauty, and Athletic Distinction to serve God, their families, their communities, and the world.
VCS General Policies
The policies and procedures are contained in the Student Handbook and the Enrollment Contract. Specific guidelines that govern the relationship between Valley Christian Schools, its students, and its parents are provided. The policies and procedures contained in the Student Handbook are designed to maximize the educational experience of the student, provide guidelines for acceptable conduct and establish academic standards and procedures.
Establishing a love of learning grounded in a nurturing community
Refining passions and fostering the courage to explore new frontiers
Equipping leaders to achieve their goals and impact their communities and the world
Faculty & Staff
Throughout our 60-year history, one of Valley Christian Schools' most notable attributes has been — and continues to be — the excellence of our faculty and staff. VCS draws a unique blend of educators from prestigious institutions such as Stanford, UCLA, the Juilliard School, Cal Poly, Johns Hopkins, and many more. Over 50 percent of our educators hold advanced degrees, and we encourage and support our teachers to be life-long learners, as many of our teachers are earning advanced degrees while serving on our staff.
VCS faculty and staff recognize what a privilege it is to work in an educational environment that values academic, artistic, and athletic excellence within the context of developing the whole individual. We are so proud to have teachers, administrators, and staff members who are professional, innovative, engaging, and caring adults, who genuinely want the best for your student. And we look forward to welcoming you into the Valley Christian Family.
We invite you to explore your child's future at Valley Christian Schools.
Schedule a TouR
We look forward to connecting with you.