Main Purpose of the Position:
The Advancement Associate will assist the Director of Advancement (DoA) with all administrative duties, updating databases and managing donor communications. The Valley Christian Schools Office of Advancement exists to advance the mission and vision of VCS. We do this by celebrating the incredible things happening at VCS, thanking the many people who support the students, and inviting more to join us in this exciting mission of educating the next generation. The Advancement Office includes development, alumni and parent relations, and events. We are seeking an experienced database and office manager to support this office through data management.
Christian Role Model Commitment:
•Express a testimony of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
• Serve as a Christian role model and a consecrated Christian, dedicated to the purpose and goals of the Christian school.
•Have an understanding of the philosophy and objectives of Valley Christian Schools.
•Be regular in attendance at a Christian Bible believing church of your choice.
•Be in agreement with the VCS Statement of Faith and be committed to daily prayer and spiritual growth. (I Tim. 1:3; I Tim. 2:1-8; I Tim. 3:1-13; I Thess. 5:11-28; Rom. 12:14-21; Rom.14: 4; Gal. 6:1-10).
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- Have a proven evidence of adequate preparation, background and ability required by the position
- Be committed to implement and enforce policies and follow prescribed procedures.
- Have the skill to make and effectively communicate timely decisions
- Have the ability to foster creativity and be responsible for innovative ideas
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organization skills
- Works independently on projects
- Integrity and ethical Christian conduct
- Positive attitude conveyed in word and deed
- Logical thinking and practical decision‐making
To apply for the above job, please fill out the Non-Instructional Application. When complete, return it to Diana Stieg, the Director of Human Resources as an attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 100 Skyway Dr. San Jose, CA 95111.