A full-time US History instructor is needed for the 2020-2021 school year, with a start date of August 3, 2020. Applicants should have a degree in US History or Social Science-related field, preferable with a Master's degree in History. Teaching experience is desirable, with experience teaching in a 1:1 learning environment highly beneficial.
General qualifications for all VCS instructor positions include:
- Degree (B.A./B.S.) in field of instruction is required.
- Master's degree in field of instruction is preferred.
- 1-3 years of successful teaching experience is preferred.
- 21st Century Skills including use of the iPad in an education setting.
- Experience with Moodle, PowerSchool, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pages, Keynote, iBooks, iBook Author, iMovie, Nearpod, Educreations, Notability, Dropbox, Glo Bible, and Kno Textbooks.
- Model Teacher
- Holds or is in the process of earning an Association of Christian Schools International Teacher Credential or a California Teaching Credential.
- A teaching sample (either a video or in person) may be requested.
- Experience in teaching such electives as art, technology or foreign language (Spanish) a plus.