Main Purpose of the Position:
The Social Media Associate is responsible for creating and managing content for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and system creator who is detail-oriented, skilled in copywriting, and experienced in web and social media best practices. With an eye for design and photography, s/he will work with the Marketing Team to ensure VCS maintains an excellent digital presence to market to key audiences and promote the institution's image to internal and external constituents. In addition, s/he will possess a positive and outgoing disposition, with the ability to work with a wide range of individuals in a fast-paced setting that requires both flexibility and persistence.
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- Must be self-motivated, customer-service orientated, and flexible
- Ability to multi-task with ease and comfort within a deadline-oriented environment
- Make timely, effective, and efficient decisions
- Positive response to leadership, instruction, and team collaboration
- Accept feedback/criticism professionally, remaining confident and productive
- Interact positively and effectively with other teammates, coworkers, and departments
- Foster creativity and contribute innovative ideas
- Communicate openly and honestly
To apply for the above job, please fill out the Non-Instructional Application. When complete, return it to Diana Stieg, the Director of Human Resources as an attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 100 Skyway Dr. San Jose, CA 95111.