Main Purpose of the Position:
Under the supervision of the head counselor and principal, the counselor will provide guidance and assistance to students in meeting their personal, social, academic, spiritual and career needs. The counselor will assist students in their preparations for post-secondary education opportunities, the work force and continued lifelong learning.
Christian Role Model Commitment:
- Express a testimony of a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
- Serve as a Christian role model and a consecrated Christian, dedicated to the purpose and goals of the Christian school.
- Have an understanding of philosophy and objectives of Valley Christian Schools.
- Be regular in attendance at a Christian Bible believing church of your choice.
- Be in agreement with the VCS Statement of Faith and be committed to daily prayer and spiritual growth. (I Tim. 1:3; I Tim. 2:1-8; I Tim. 3:1-13; I Thess. 5:11-28; Rom.12:14-21; Rom. 14:4; Gal. 6:1-10).
Personal and Professional Qualifications:
- Have a proven evidence of adequate preparation, background and ability required by the position in academic and college counseling.
- Be committed to implement and enforce policies and follow prescribed procedures.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills and outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
To apply for the job above, please fill out the Administrator Application. When complete, return it to Diana Stieg, the Director of Human Resources as an attachment by email to email@example.com or by mail at 100 Skyway Dr. San Jose, CA 95111.