The story of Valley Christian Schools began in 1956 during a Bible study held in the home of Bud and Barbara Callisch and opened its doors in 1960 at Los Gatos Christian Church.
At that time, founders Dave and Edie Wallace discussed and prayed about starting a Christian school that would focus its mission around a philosophy of education, which became the foundation for Valley Christian Schools. At the heart of their philosophy was quality Christian education with a Christ-centered nurturing environment and a biblically integrated curriculum. At each commencement, the The Founder’s Award honors Dave Wallace and recognizes the Valley Christian High School graduate whose example reflects the founding purpose of Valley Christian Schools. The senior class selects a recipient whose life illustrates Christ’s character, as evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Galatians 5:2)
Our Founding Purpose - that the students might know that in Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge...so that whatsoever they do in word or in deed will be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him. (Colossians 2:3, 3:17)- David Wallace, Founder
QUALITY EDUCATION BUILT ON A STRONG FOUNDATION OF CHRISTIAN FAITH
To achieve its founding purpose, prayer and Bible study was an important part of every student’s daily routine. Themes such as Christ-centered education, quality Christian education, and a curriculum integrated with biblical truths were important ingredients to the founding and continued development of Valley Christian Schools.
A PERIOD OF GROWTH
Valley Christian Schools moved from Campbell Community Center to the Branham High School Campus in 1991 with approximately 230 high school students. The Branham High School Campus enabled extraordinary program development and enrollment growth. The junior high and high school grew to about 1200 students by January 2000.
VALLEY ON A HILL
Construction began on the Skyway Campus on August 20, 1998. In January 2000, we welcomed junior high students to the newly completed gym building. High school took occupancy of the education building in February 2000.
GOD’S WORD IS A STRONG FOUNDATION
Students placed Bibles in the corners of the foundation of every Skyway Campus building to literally and symbolically build Valley Christian Schools on the strong foundation of God’s Word.
DELAYED BUT NOT DETERRED
The Leigh Campus opened in February 2003, after being delayed by a fire, providing a permanent home for our elementary students through a long-term lease arrangement with Trinity Lutheran Church. The school includes 23 classrooms, a library, teacher’s lounge, a chapel, three student support rooms, and the elementary school offices.
THE LEGACY OF THE PAST AND THE PROMISE OF THE FUTURE
The Conservatory of the Arts building was occupied in 2011 and completed in 2013 culminating in a beautifully designed 58-acre Skyway Campus now serving 700 junior high and 1600 high school students.
Learn more about Valley Christian Schools’ story from our President.