Enriching Educational Experiences
Our highly qualified faculty and staff know that students learn best by doing. Valley Christian Elementary curriculum is designed to shape the whole child and challenge them to grow academically and personally through differentiated instruction and project-based learning. Starting in Kindergarten, students receive a foundation in traditional disciplines, such as Bible, reading, language, writing, math, science, and social studies, which sharpen their critical thinking skills. Our students have opportunities to explore the things that make them tick with enriching offerings in STEM, Business and Entrepreneurship, Arts and Music. Students learn body positivity through Physical Education and Athletic programs and use the latest technology as a companion to help them explore new ideas.
- Daily Bible lessons and weekly chapel
- Caring, well-trained teachers
- Teachers receive continual training in best practice, 21st Century teaching skills
- Teachers receive comprehensive training in Differentiated Instruction
- Language Arts are taught through the multi-sensory Slingerland approach
- Cursive is taught beginning in Kindergarten
- Extensive after-school programs in academics, arts, and athletics
- On-site support services available
- National Blue Ribbon Award Winner (2016)
- International Space Station experiment (fifth-grade)
- Agri-tech/hydroponics lab (fourth-grade)
VCS believes in using the most effective digital learning tools, which is why we use the iPad as an interactive instructional tool in grades K-5.
Partnering with Challenge Success, a national educational organization, VCS’ mission is to create more balanced workloads, raise student engagement, and actively support the students in their pursuit of the biblical definition of success. Part of the initiative has included revisiting the homework policy to eliminate busywork, allowing for downtime in the evening, and resulting in positive overall changes both emotionally and academically for the students and their families.