We take pride in providing a warm and nurturing Christ-centered community for our students, parents, and faculty.
VCES students experience cross-curricular biblical integration, take Bible as a core academic subject, and attend chapel where wisdom is shared through storytelling once a week. Students learn to be young peacemakers, good citizens, and friends through community service projects. VCES also supports healthy families and builds a parent community through campus activities for the whole family, such as pancake breakfasts, family fun nights, and other events throughout the year.
- Biblical perspective integrated into every subject
- Bible classes focused on teaching stories, thematic concepts, and Bible verse memorization
- Weekly chapels with student-led prayer, a time of praise and worship, and inspirational messages
- Service opportunities including writing letters to members of our military, participating in the fire department’s toy drive, turkey drive, and fundraising for local and international schools.
- Student participation in character education that teaches children how to prevent and resolve conflict in a constructive and biblically faithful manner
Student & Family Connectedness
VCES provides a warm and nurturing community for our students, parents, and faculty. Throughout the year, community-building events bring us together for fellowship and fun. Students also participate in a variety of group learning experiences throughout the school year, such as field trips and after-school offerings; these provide opportunities for connection with fellow VCES students as well as potential mentor relationships with students from the Skyway Campus. We believe that these experiences are essential in the process of nurturing a strong sense of safety and belonging within our community.
Some of our community events include:
- New Family Warrior Welcome
- Pancake Breakfast
- High School Sports Nights
- Outdoor Movie Nights
- Third Grade Grandparents’ Day
- Knight of Passage/Night to Shine (Junior High Transition Celebration)