High School iPad Requirements
An iPad setup checklist will be provided August 1 and must be completed prior to the first day of school.
All VCHS students are expected to bring a personally owned iPad to school.
The one-iPad-per-student (1:1) model expands student access to engaging tools and resources, thereby allowing students to learn more effectively and to live more productively in an increasingly global and digital world.
Why a 1:1 Program?
Valley Christian High School’s 1:1 iPad program is essential on our Quest for Excellence in innovative quality education. Through our pursuit of A3 - Academic Achievement, Artistic Beauty, and Athletic Distinction - Valley Christian is committed to an environment where all students have the opportunity to grow in their God-given abilities.
The iPad is used extensively by students in the access of information and completion of work. Therefore, students are expected to bring their personal iPad to school every day.
- Current iPad, iPad Pr, or iPad Air Model
- 128GB of storage
- AppleCare+ for iPad
- Protective Case (for example Gumdrop or Otterbox)
- iPad Purchase FAQ's
iPad FAQ's Click Here
Accessories (recommended but not required)
- iPad Mini
- Any iPad model that is not compatible with the current iOS (see iOS 16 compatibility list here)
- iPads that are jailbroken
- iPads running iOS Beta
- iPads with VPN applications (VPN clients usurp control of the student’s network connection and will result in their device being unable to reconnect to the VCS network)
Do not install any VPN applications (i.e. Betternet, EyeDactic, VyperVPN, PIA, IPVanish, Tunnel Bear, etc.). VPN clients usurp control of the student's network connection and will result in their device being unable to reconnect to the VCS network.
Do not install iOS Beta Software.
Please fill out a VCS Support Request Form if you have any questions.