Valley Christian Junior High and High School have lightened the backpack!
Since the 2012-13 school year, we have put an iPad in the hands of every student. Paper and pencil are not obsolete, but rather the foundation for learning is found through technology. The iPad is not just another tool in the student’s backpack; it is becoming the backpack – providing digital access to educational apps, textbooks, and teacher-driven curriculum without the backbreaking load of textbooks.
This information delivery system fosters problem solving and critical thinking skills, creates authentic learning environments, and addresses multiple learning styles in a standards-driven classroom. This iPad program helps students:
- Organize life. The iPad program provides students with instant access to and training in organizational tools to enhance productivity and prepare them for assuming the responsibilities of a successful 21st century student.
- Lighten the load. By replacing at least 30% of paper textbooks, the iPad helps lighten backpacks. We will increase the number of textbooks available in electronic form as they become available in future years.
- Learn anywhere, anytime. Using the iPad provides students with continuous access to Learn@VCS and other educational resources and activities, both in and out of the classroom.
- Digitize learning. Each teacher continues to develop curriculum to transition from paper-based assignments to digitally-produced content.
- Know what they know. Teachers conduct formative assessments on an ongoing basis, using immediate feedback systems that allow students, parents, and teachers to understand students’ progress in real-time.
To learn more about iPad in Education: www.apple.com/education
- Will I need to purchase the ipad?
- I already own an ipad, can I use it?
- I already own an ipad, but I didn't purchase applecare+?
- May Students Opt Out of the Ipad Altogether?
- May I use Another Device for school in place of the ipad?
- What Accessories will be needed with the ipad?
- Do I need to buy a bluetooth keyboard?