Expanding and Refining Artistic Endeavors
The Conservatory of the Arts encourages students to discover and develop their extraordinary God-given talents, as they proclaim the arts as an expression of God’s love throughout the varied cultures of the world. With three possible tiers of involvement, and five comprehensive areas of study, developing artists of every skill level, interest and background are invited to join this multi-faceted community of creatives.
- VIVID Dance Team named National Champions at the 2019 Contest of Champions for the third consecutive year.
- 2009 Alumni screenwriter/director Aneesh Chaganty’s film Searching won acclaim at the 2018 Sundance and Sydney Film Festivals and secured wide release with Sony.
- The 2019 Performing Indoor Ensemble (PIE) won Gold Medal World Championship for the third consecutive year.
- 2018-19 VCHS Yearbook received prestigious National Yearbook Award, ranking among the top 2% in the nation for the 2nd consecutive year.
- 2020 alumna Sarah Tuan was selected to compete at the 2019 Cliburn International Junior Piano Competition.
- Valley Christian Theatre productions and performers have gained regional and national recognition from the Rita Moreno Awards in San Jose, CA and The Jimmy Awards in New York City, NY.
The Conservatory Honors Program
The Conservatory of the Arts offers a unique opportunity for students to join the Honors Program. With three tiers of involvement to choose from, there is something for everyone.
Conservatory Membership: Students can explore artistic opportunities and enjoy the benefits of Conservatory membership with minimal extra-curricular requirements.
Conservatory Honors: Honors participants are afforded extended opportunities to create and develop artistic gifts and talents while earning honors designation on their high school transcripts.
Conservatory Honors Fellowship: A selective scholarship program for advanced-level creatives pursuing a career in the Arts, while earning honors designation on their high school transcripts.