At VCES, faculty and staff foster a caring learning environment that is patient, encouraging, and tailored to the unique needs of each and every student. Teachers challenge students at their individual levels of learning through differentiated instruction, project-based learning, and the most up-to-date and effective digital learning tools. Our core academic program includes Bible, reading, language, writing, math, science, and social studies, and is designed to meet and exceed California state standards in the various academic disciplines. An extensive offering of pull-out classes and after-school programs, created to identify and nurture each student’s God-given potential, enhances the general curriculum.
- Daily Bible lessons and weekly chapel (includes Young Peacemakers curriculum)
- Caring, well-trained teachers
- Teachers receive continual training in best practice, 21st Century teaching skills
- Teachers receive comprehensive training in Differentiated Instruction
- Language Arts are taught through the multi-sensory Slingerland approach
- Cursive is taught beginning in Kindergarten
- Extensive after-school programs in academics, arts, and athletics
- On-site support services available
1:1 iPad Program
We believe in using the the most effective digital learning tools which is why we use the iPad as an interactive, instructional tool in grades 2nd-5th.
Partnering with Challenge Success, a national educational organization, VCS’ mission is to create more balanced workloads, raise student engagement, and actively support the students in their pursuit of the biblical de nition of success. Part of the initiative has included revisiting the homework policy to eliminate busy work, allowing for much needed downtime in the evening and resulting in positive overall changes both emotionally and academically for the students and their families.