VCHS might have openings in all departments, currently there are openings in the following departments for the 2018-2019 school year.
VCHS hires substitute teachers on an ongoing basis throughout the school year in all grades and subjects. Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and teaching experience is desired. VCHS uses on average two substitutes per day, so there are many opportunities to work based upon your availability. VCHS uses full day and part-time substitute teachers. Teaching in a 1:1 learning environment highly beneficial.
To apply for the above job, please fill out the Teacher Application. When complete, return it to Diana Stieg, the Director of Human Resources as an attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at 100 Skyway Dr. San Jose, CA 95111.
General qualifications for all VCS instructor positions include:
- Degree (B.A./B.S.) in field of instruction is required.
- Master's degree in field of instruction is preferred.
- 1-3 years of successful teaching experience is preferred.
- 21st Century Skills including use of the iPad in an education setting.
- Experience with Moodle, PowerSchool, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pages, Keynote, iBooks, iBook Author, iMovie, Nearpod, Educreations, Notability, Dropbox, Glo Bible, and Kno Textbooks.
- Model Teacher
- Holds or is in the process of earning an Association of Christian Schools International Teacher Credential or a California Teaching Credential.
- A teaching sample (either a video or in person) may be requested.