Apply Now! Applications are open for 2020-21 school year.
Contact: Pam Biasotti, International Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org, 408.513.2507
Please note: Both international and domestic students with any type of visa INCLUDING the green card permanent resident visa need to apply through the International Program.
VCS is nationally recognized as a premier school offering an outstanding elementary and college preparatory program in the humanities, sciences, and technology. VCS offers sixth through 11th grade placements for international students. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. International students applying for 6th and 7th grades are required to live with their parents. Students applying for the 8th-11th grades who do not live with parents may reside with a legal guardian or sponsoring family. Students are not allowed to enter Valley Christian for the 12th grade only.
International Admissions Process
Applicants holding any type of visa including the permanent resident visa or a “green card” MUST apply through the International site. This includes J, B, F, H, I, O, P, Q, L and E visas.
The requirements for admission to the Valley Christian Schools’ international student program include:
Excellent grades, behavior, and active involvement in school programs at current school.
English language proficiency confirmed by a TOEFL, TOEFL Junior, ITEP SLATE, or IELTS score.
Emotional maturity and readiness to attend school away from parents
A desire to grow in his/her Christian faith, or (if not a Christian) a commitment to have an open heart and open mind to learn about the Christian faith, and to consider personally following Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Bible.
Parent/guardian support for the student to learn about the Christian faith and support for a student choice to personally follow the Christian faith.
The program is selective, admission standards are high, and only fully qualified students are accepted into the program. Admission is a three-step process:
- Completion of the online application and submission of all the supporting documents via mail or fax
- Personal Interview
- Admissions decision by VCS Admissions Committee
The Application involves the following:
A completed online application by the parent, guardian, or student. Please make sure to check "Yes" for “International Student” when creating a new student application:
- A student questionnaire.
- Two essays, both handwritten by the student. One essay describes an important personal event in his/her life and the other essay gives the student the opportunity to discuss his/her thoughts about God and attending a Christian school.
- Copy of student passport.
- A financial disclosure form.
- Copy of student's most recent English Proficiency Test results (at least one test score). The following are the accepted tests for application to Valley Christian Schools and the minimum test scores required: TOEFL (minimum score of 75), TOEFL JR (minimum score of 865), iTEP SLATE (minimum score of 5.0), and IELTS (minimum score 6.0).
- An official grade report or transcript (in English). This must include grades from the last two years of school, and the first grading period of the current school year.
- Two Educators Recommendations from the current school.
- And one Math Teacher Recommendation from the current school. A recommendation form must be completed by an English teacher, and an additional teacher in any of these subjects: science, history or religion.
- Either a Clergy Recommendation or a Parent/Guardian Written Statement that shows that the parents are supportive of the student receiving a Christian education. Note: applicants do not need to be Christians to be admitted to Valley Christians Schools, but should be spiritually open to learn more about the Christian faith shown through the Bible and the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Complete record of immunization, translated into English.
- Application fee of $100.
The application will not be processed until all forms are received by VCS.
The Personal Interview is a pleasant experience, during which a member of our international student staff speaks directly with the student and often with a parent/guardian (if possible) for about 30 – 45 minutes. This is done in person at Valley Christian Schools or over a webcam with Skype. The interview does not take place until the application is completed.
Following the decision for admission by the Admissions Committee, the acceptance letter and enrollment information is sent to the student. Sometimes, when the student arrives in the US, additional testing may be required to place him/her in the right classes and grade level.
International students are not allowed to enter Valley Christian for the 12th grade only; they must begin in grade 11 or younger. Exceptions to this may be made if the student has attended multiple years of US schooling.
VCS normally gives admissions priority to international students applying for at least one full academic year or longer. It is unusual for VCS to accept a student attending for just one semester. For more information about international student admissions, contact Mrs. Pam Biasotti, Valley Christian International Admissions, email@example.com, 408.513.2507.
Upon acceptance to Valley Christian High School, and after receipt of the International Student Enrollment Contract and Administration Fee, the I-20 will be issued to the student. This document is the basis for receiving an F-1 visa status from the United States Department of Homeland Security. Within two weeks before starting school, the student is expected to secure medical insurance and make sure all immunizations are up to date.
There are specific California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and Central Coast Section (CCS) laws that apply to sports participation for international students that Valley Christian Schools is required to meet. International student applicants should request an athletic eligibility determination before a final decision to seek admission to Valley Christian Schools if school sports team participation is desired.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students Valley Christian Schools admits students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.