Junior High iPad Requirements
An iPad setup checklist will be provided August 1 and must be completed prior to the first day of school.
View the iPad Setup Checklist
Using iPads in the classroom helps our VCJH students…
- Have all junior high textbooks in digital format. (The iPad isn’t another tool in the student’s backpack; it is becoming the backpack)
- Organize life with instant access to, and training in, organizational tools to enhance productivity and prepare them to be successful 21st Century students
- Learn anywhere, anytime with continuous access to Learn@VCS and other educational resources
- Utilize a creation-centered curriculum on a digital platform
- Interact in their preferred mode of communication
- Speak and work in a contemporary setting
The iPad is used extensively by students in the access of information and completion of work. Therefore, students are expected to bring their personal iPad to school every day.
- Current iPad, iPad Air (latest model), iPad Pro (11” max.), or the most current model
- 128GB of storage
- AppleCare+ for iPad
- Protective Case (for example, Gumdrop or Otterbox)
- Keyboard (for example, Apple Smart Keyboard or Logitech Slim Folio)
- iPad Purchase FAQ's
iPad FAQ's Click Here
- 64GB of storage
- AppleCare+ for iPad
- Case and keyboard ("rugged" keyboard case recommended for protection)
Accessories (recommended but not required)
* Apple pens not recommended
- Any iPad Mini Model
- Any iPad Model that is not compatible with the current iOS (see iOS 16 compatibility list here)
Do not install any VPN applications (i.e. Betternet, EyeDactic, VyperVPN, PIA, IPVanish, Tunnel Bear, etc.). VPN clients usurp control of the student's network connection and will result in their device being unable to reconnect to the VCS network.
Do not install iOS Beta Software.
Textbooks on the iPad
The VCJH Administration collects a Textbook Fee each year to cover all textbooks and online subscriptions. For 2023-24, the Fee will be $350 per student. By purchasing in bulk, parents save over 50% per year. Once the Fee is collected, the school takes on the responsibility of textbook, database, and subscription enrollments.
The $350 Fee includes all textbooks, workbooks, and online subscriptions:
- Textbooks and Workbooks (value $400-$600/year)
ALEKS (online math program – value $180/year)
IXL (online grammar program – value $79/year)
The Textbook Fee must be paid before students receive their class list in July. The Fee does not include required apps or Summer Reading novels (when applicable).
An iPad setup checklist will be provided in August and must be completed prior to the first day of school
Please fill out a VCS Support Request Form if you have any questions.